Hi Gary,

you can use a variable in the figure caption. At first you should create the related
variable, e.g. "Figure", from the menu Insert->Field->Other. In the Dialog choose
type "Number range" and enter "Figure" as name and "Figure+1" as value. Select format
"Arabic" and level 1. For all the following figures you just choose "Figure" under
Selection.

Karl