Hello,
As I have already mentioned before...
I would love to use the native connector for a number of reasons (eg. performance...). My provider has a timeout-value of 1 minute set for a MySQL-connections and is not
willing to increase this value. Using the JDBC-Connector one can specify an
"automatic reconnect" parameter. This is by no means ideal, because sometimes one does not access the database for more than one minute. However, it is kind of o.k. because LO-DB reconnects to the server-DB by just pressing "o.k." -- one gets used to this (at least in MY case!). To my knowledge the native connector does NOT have the possibility to specify such a parameter. Under the given situation LO 4.3.5.2 crashes when the server "goes away" and one acknowledges the respective error message. Is there a chance to get an autoconnect-feature included in a future version of the
connector?
Regards from snowy Salzburg
H. Stoellinger