In the first case I tried to find "0 A.D. Empires Ascendant" from 2nd
Matrix - sheet 2- in the 1st Matrix -sheet 1- and found "0 A.D." ... it
was good !
But in the second case I tried to find "3D Chess" that is the third
element in the first Matrix-Sheet 1- and the found result is "2HFU" ...
it isn't good and confused me.
In the last case I tried to find "Abe" and found "3D chess" more confuse
As I can see the VlookUp find always the element that continue in order
in the list of the 1st Matrix not the name that I'm finding.
And if I used "=BUSCARV(An;Hoja1.A3:A6;1;0)" with zero at end, the tree
results are "#N/D" ("An" is for not to repeat tree times the formula)
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or there is a bug
Some time ago, VlookUp was using only to search exactly element (Only
equal) now it has so strange behaivor (At least to me)
El mié, 18-11-2015 a las 12:09 +0000, Brian Barker escribió:
At 06:01 18/11/2015 -0600, Jorge Rodríguez wrote:
Thank you for your support, ...
I just order both matrix alphabetically and I
tried to use VlookUp but it gave me a several false-positive as you told me.
If you get false matches from a simple VLOOKUP(),
it is possible that you have not set the fourth
parameter correctly. If, as here, there may not
be a match, you need to set the SortOrder
parameter to FALSE or zero, irrespective of whether the list is sorted.
I trust this helps.