Susan Mason wrote
I have had Libre Office before, but not this newest version. For the most
part, I like it. There are some things about it which are better than Open
Office, and some things which appear identical to Open Office.
One of my questions, involves an issue I encountered last night with
administrator permissions. This is strictly a one person computer, and I
AM the administrator, and I actually resent it when my computer tells me
that I do not have permission to do anything on my own computer. It once
made me so mad, on a different computer...that I spent hours trying to fix
all the permissions, and ended up having to re-install windows, because I
screwed it up so badly. I thought that I had myself designated as the
administrator on this computer...but it seems that I am only listed as
computer user with special permissions. The program would not even let me
update it.

You probably need to un-hide the Administrator account (probably it doesn't
have a password...)

https://techjourney.net/unhide-the-administrator-account-in-windows-xp/

Then you can log in as the Admin and install LibreOffice from this account
(or change your account to admin)

Susan Mason wrote
My other question is...how can I reset the distance that objects will move
when I press the space bar? I have the same problem with Open office. The
space bar moves objects much too far. I want them to move at the tiniest
possible increments for the utmost precision.

Have you tried pressing Shift or Alt while moving the objects with the
cursor keys?

Susan Mason wrote
I have used both MS-Word, and MS-Publisher for many years, and both these
programs gave me this level of precision--but I currently have no copy of
either, and can't afford them, either. I am NOT a Bill Gates fan, in any
way, shape, or form...but I am used to working with word and Publisher,
and I know how to make them do exactly what I want them to do. I know of
no open source equivalent for Publisher...but, I wish I could find one. I
also know of no open source program which will even open my old Publisher
files. I wish I could find that, as well.

The Open Source equivalent to Publisher is Scribus

http://www.scribus.net/