On 11/14/2015 11:31 AM, Brian Barker wrote:
At 10:39 14/11/2015 +0100, Pier Andreit wrote:
I have a table with 2 columns and about 10 rows and I cannot delete
carriage returns (the non printable character similar to q) in the
cells, so the cells result with two lines. how can I delete this
character to have a single line row?

Try searching for $ and replacing with nothing (or possibly a blank
space) with "Regular expressions" ticked.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

manythanks Brian, it helped me to know why I wasn't able to delete a carriage return/paragraph mark, it was becouse the two paragraph marks were in two different cells with the separation border hidden, so the two cells appeared like as they were a single cell with two paragraphs, nothing highlight/stand out the presence of a hidden border that split the two cells, even if you set to on the "show non printable character". I don't know if it is a bug but it is a very misleading behaviour, in the past I remember a subtle dotted border to identify a cell and I think it would be better to reintroduce it, also only in "show non printable characters" set on.
thanks again  :-) ciao  :-) pier