To be honest, I have not read the article, but it can be said that a cardinal rule is that you do not alienate your advertisers within your articles.

Unless a writer is not biased towards one system or another, there will always be some issues with their reviews and ideas about their reviewed tech, so many people would say.

Yes, MS Office has the market share for providing office software. Yes, they have the money to make sure there are advertisements on how great their software is. If you were a publisher with MS advertising money coming into your publication, you may do what you can to make any article favor MS and make the competition look unfavorable for your needs. I have seen articles written with a slat towards one side of a debated idea and then the editors/publishers edit it towards the other side without the authors knowledge. "Don't bite the hand that feed you" is a major idea where the businesses who pay for advertisements get to influence what gets "said" in the publications.

We all have opinions about MS vs. open-source or FOSS. I cannot afford to keep paying for my software and its upgrades. That is why I first looked into Linux and its software alternatives. Yes, I still have some Windows systems, but I tend to use the packages I use on my Ubuntu systems on my Windows systems, if they have both Linux and Windows versions. LibreOffice, VLC, Firefox, and a bunch of other software, are a major part of my computer usage on both Ubuntu and Windows systems.

So, back to the article. . .
Was the author uninformed or was their other reasons that such an article content written. Then there is the question on how much research was done days or week before the article was written and who researched it for the author. I know that a professional writer may not have the time to do all of his or hers research included within an article. If you have to write an article every few days, or daily for a blog article, how much time does that author have for research?

So since this system of providing information and help for a growing competitor to MS Office suite, I say most of us tend think differently than what the article states about LibreOffice 5.x.x, or at least what we hear about what the article stated in these posts. I dumped MS Office due to costs, while others had a variety of other reasons. I do my best to promote locally LibreOffice. Having major tech articles that "bash" the abilities and stability of LibreOffice is not helpful, but these publications need the computer industry's money to survive. If the major supplies of this money needs MS products to keep the lights on, then it is hard to be objective towards alternatives to MS products. Rarely do the people in charge of a business look towards publications based on Linux and FOSS ideas and services for their information about products for their businesses. WE were raised on MS based products to be the only source personal and business solution to our computer needs. WE need to have a major push by the Linux and FOSS based communities to re-educate people that there is a different way of thinking and a different source for our computer needs. European communities are slowly learning this, but the USA communities are not hearing the shouting of the voices of change.

Pro MS articles in publications, without articles that show the real truth about the alternatives to MS, are what is holding back the USA expansion into the alternative products and markets, like LibreOffice others that can replace MS products in you personal and business computer environment.