Am 26.10.2015 um 17:04 schrieb p.a.2k9:
Hi,
Before I decide to download your software I wanted to check on its compatibility with other
providers ie microsoft office, word, excel as I use those at work but need to do work at home
sometimes using sheets already created in microsoft.

Thanks

Paul

Sent from Samsung tablet

Being _in_compatible is one of the most important parts of the Microsoft
business model and they do a very good job making compatibility as
difficult as possible. In the end the "ordinary end user"(tm) will
always blame the vendor of the other software but not Microsoft.
Breaking this business model by a free and open and simplier document
standard is the one and only reason why LibreOffice exists.
"Compatibility" with foreign document formats allows you to convert
documents and templates to the open standard but it is not intended that
you keep on working with Microsoft documents while using another
software although this may work to a certain degree. The real trouble
starts when a crashed foreign document can't be restored and you don't
have your own backup of the file.

Regarding "compatibility" with Microsoft document formats, only MS
software can open these formats almost perfectly. In rare cases there
are incompatibilities with recent MS Office versions opening documents
from the 90ies. Documents from the 80ies are lost until you find some
converter to extract the written text at least. Some doc/xls files that
can't be opened with MS Office open fine with LibreOffice.
Second best choice regarding MS document formats is http://softmaker.de
Third best is LibreOffice.
Recent versions of MS Office claim to support LibreOffice's ODF (Open
Document Format) which is a good thing.