ajebay wrote:

I have a calc spreadsheet with many lines of data which include one
column with names for the line.
I want to sort the names from A to Z, top to bottom, and have all the
corresponding data in each line move with the corresponding name.  Hope
this is clear.
Is this possible?

Yes.

Select all the data, i.e. all rows and all columns.
Then use Data > Sort, and select the column of the names as the sort column. Now all the SELECTED
data will be sorted with the names.
If you would exclude certain columns or rows from the selection they would not move with the
sorting but stay where they are.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet@vanoostrum.org>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/