Jon, *

I can't identify any issues with the OOXML  .DOCX  you posted:

It opens in LibreOffice
Version: 5.0.2.2 (x64)
Build ID: 37b43f919e4de5eeaca9b9755ed688758a8251fe
Locale: en-US (en_US)

It also opens in MS Word 2013 (15.0.4753-1000) 32-bit from MS Office 2013 Professional Plus without
issue.

Further to Tom's comments--the OOXML formats between MS Office versions change. The 2007
implementation is probably less "stable" than the current 2013.

Better practice would be to *not* work in OOXML and instead retain the document for editing in
native LibreOffice ODF 1.2, i.e. as a .ODT.  Only convert to OOXML .docx, or better PDF 1.4, for
exchange with non-LibreOffice users when necessary.

Stuart