Hi :)
I think that is one thing many of us on this list agree on.  I think most
of us have said it at some point or other over the years.

I think it's a travesty that "Fresh" appears to be the only option on the
official downloads page to first-timers and that getting the more solid,
reliable "Still" requires a lot more geekiness.  To my mind it 'should' be
the other way so that people have to dig a bit for the shiny new features -
with the majority of new-comers getting the reliable "Still", at least
until the curiosity get piqued.

So often the answer to a noobs problem is to simply try the "Still" branch
and then trying to explain why and that it's not "old".  As soon as they
try it that is usually enough to fix almost any noobs problem.

It's the same with a lot of articles out there.  When an article claims
that LO is not mature and had obscure problems it's almost invariably
because they were using "Fresh" rather than "Still".

"Fresh" is exciting but it should be more like an "easter egg" in a movie
or game that has to be discovered or some challenge over-come in order to
find it.

Regards from
Tom :)