I am thinking the cell is formated to a date format.
That number 0 is referenced to 1899-12-30, so when changed to dates 0 to
33 show these numbers. Interestingly, excel uses a simpler date, but last
time I checked it didn't work with negative numbers, but calc does??

0       1899-12-30
1       1899-12-31
2       1900-01-01
3       1900-01-02