Am 18.09.2015 um 14:23 schrieb Thomas Blasejewicz:
On 2015/09/18 20:17, Jim Quinn wrote:
Sorry for just replying to email vs getting into LO and answering.
Just too busy with huge biking event this weekend and am new using LO
forums.

That said, if I understand that you want to copy the data from 1
spread sheet file (1 or more rows/columns) and paste just the data
into a file with different column/row formatting, then use the "Paste
Special" option and only check the items in the "Paste Special" pop-up
menu that you want.  Do not check "Format" and the column/row format
will remain unchanged.

Of course, the number of rows/columns you paste into should equal what
you copied.

-----Original Message----- From: Thomas
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2015 4:02 AM
it ALWAYS comes out with equal column width (+ the default height of the
new document).

Styles do not help either (as far as I can tell), since I could not find
any tab there, where I can specify column width + height.
Thomas
No, it is just the other way around.
I want to copy a formatted row with column headers into a blank document.
AND I want the copied row look in the new document exactly as it was in
the original document.
THAT is something Calc does not seem to be able to do.
I just tried that trick with Excel (which I usually do not use any
longer) - and it works there almost as easy as in Lotus123.

Copy the sheet and clear contents.
Way better: Use templates.