Hi :)
Thanks all :)  So it sounds like AndrOffice and Kingsoft are worth trying.

I had thought about making my exchange-rate spreadsheet into a database.
I'm sure it would be far better, and would allow a purpose-built UI
front-end but the spreadsheet route is plenty good enough for this trip.

The main thing is having the functionality off-line, and from
recommendations from people i trust so i am really glad to have had good
look-up some 3rd party articles too but i don't trust them as much as i
trust everyone here.
Many thanks and regards from
Tom :)

On 14 September 2015 at 15:22, Alexander Thurgood <alex.thurgood@gmail.com>