I have a broadband connection, fiber-to-the-home, 25 Mbps DL and UL.

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015, at 08:41 PM, Brian Barker wrote:
At 18:39 04/09/2015 -0400, you wrote:
I tried to download the LibreOffice 211 MB installation file
numerous times and it stalls around 66 mb. I think there is a
problem with my ISP. I have broadband connection. I connected my
Windows 7 laptop to the ISP box on the outside of my house so I
could bypass my house wiring and router and still it stalls. I can
download it with the same laptop when connected to the website
through a Verizon Wireless MIFI.

Er, if you have already downloaded the file you need by this method
to the same system, haven't you achieved what you need? You don't
need more than one copy of the installation file.

Could it be because it is an .msi file ...

Unlikely.

... or because you are located in Germany?

Also unlikely.

I am struggling for an answer.

o You could download the file somewhere with a faster network
connection (at work? at a friend's? at an internet cafe? in a
library?), either to the same system or perhaps to another and then
copy it to a flash drive or CD for transfer to your system. (Do make
sure that you get the version for your system - not necessarily the
version for the system to which you are downloading.)

o (Better!) Use a download manager. When I had a dial-up connection,
I used Free Download Manager ( http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/ ).
This will allow you to download in the background and - crucially -
will pick up where it left off if the download is interrupted for any
reason. After a few sessions you will get the complete file.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker - privately

--
Check out Startmail, a fully encrypted, private, easy-to-use browser
based
email service, at www.startmail.com