List Ahoy:

It is perturbing to see that different parties can click on the same link, and see dramatically different results.

We have been blaming it on an antipodal bias, but now Mike Scott weighs in from the near-arctic with the same distortion.

I don't know how to find the Firefox "page info" he cites, but its May, 2013 date is telling.

The Micro$$ hagiography I see is definitely 5.0, starting off with:

"By Edward Mendelson <http://www.pcmag.com/author-bio/edward-mendelson>

LibreOffice, the leading free desktop-style alternative to Microsoft Office <http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2383731,00.asp>$81.78 at Amazon <http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2418419,00.asp?mailing_id=1431647&mailing=whatsnewnow&mailingID=E2768DCC83E0602F9C1DB70A73032992#>, just got a new version number, a more modern-looking interface, improved import and export filters, and a vast number of bug fixes. But don't get the idea that LibreOffice 5.0 is massively different from the previous version (4.4), or that if you're not using LibreOffice now, version 5.0 will make you want it. However, if you or your business can't afford or don't want to use a proprietary, for-pay office suite, LibreOffice 5.0 is your best bet.

*Version Confusion*
Until late in its development, LibreOffice 5.0 was known by the version number 4.5. If you're using version 4.x now, version 5.0 is a smooth, mostly hassle-free upgrade. If you tried LibreOffice 4.x and found it wanting, the new version won't change your mind."

Does Bro Scott have an ancestral bias for the Fatal Shore powerful enough to invert the internet?

trj