The way I found to tackle this was to save the LO Calc doc as HTML, from there using Kompozer (html editor) arrange the doc to fit on an A4 sheet properly.

Afterwards use Chromium to "export" to PDF. This was I get the URL links in the PDF.

It would be nice if this feature could be included directly in Calc, as it would have saved a lot of time but nevermind, at least I got the desired result :-)

--K