-------- Original message --------
From: Eric Beversluis <ebever@researchintegration.org>
Date:05/26/2015  5:47 PM  (GMT-05:00)
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Subject: [libreoffice-users] LO Writer -> rtf

I've got a book-length document heavily formatted in LO writer, which
I've exported to rtf. I'm trying to understand exactly what gets
included in that new file.

When I open it in WordPad on Windows it shows what I would expect an rtf
document to look like--a continuous document, no page breaks, and
minimal formatting.

When I open it in LO on Linux, however, I get a strange output with some
but not nearly all of the odt formatting that I assumed would be
stripped out when saving as rtf.

When I try to open it in WordPad in Wine, Wine freezes up. (Don't know
if Wine is otherwise working properly, since I haven't really used it.)

What I'm concerned about is what will happen when I try to import this
rtf into Scrivener or use it to generate an epub version. So, again, my
question is what all is included in that new rtf file and do I need to
do anything to get a 'cleaner' rtf file.

Why do you want to use a rtf file as the basis for an epub document? Since you use Linux, you can
download Calibre. This will convert an odt file to an epub file. You might need to modify the
styles a bit after making the conversion.

Dan

Thanks.

EB