Paul D. Mirowsky wrote:

LibreOffice Version: 4.4.2.2
Build ID: c4c7d32d0d49397cad38d62472b0bc8acff48dd6
Locale: en_US

Windows 7 Professional SVC Pack 1 on Intel.64 bit.

I had recorded some macro's that I use for file cleaning that went nuts.

Then I noticed that using Find for the first character ^. was only
advancing through each character after finding the the first character.

Can some else confirm?

Your description is not very clear. Do you happen to have 'regular expressions' selected in the
Find and Replace dialog?
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet@vanoostrum.org>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/