Hello folks,

Just one thing about the topic: we do have all sorts of unit testing...
just check http://wiki.documentfoundation.org

Best,

Charles.

Le Sun, 25 Jan 2015 13:12:27 -0800,
Spencer Graves <spencer.graves@prodsyse.com> a écrit :

Hi, Frank:

        Thanks for your clarification.  I agree on nearly all
counts.

        What do LO developers do regarding unit testing — automated
tests to confirm that certain features continue to work?  I
contribute to another free open-source software (FOSS) project
(r-project.org <http://r-project.org/>), where “trustworthy software”
is ensured (when it is) by a process of developing test suites and
documentation in parallel with the code.  Ideally, we’d like to have
100% coverage of all documented features.  Then any fix of one bug
that broke something else would be flagged in the next test cycle.
However, this is (as you say) a volunteer project, and the coverage
is never 100%.  I don’t take the time to write tests for every
feature, but when new bugs are reported, I add tests for those before
I actually fix them.  And some organizations pay people full time to
support FOSS projects.  (I’ve heard that Google supports Linux to
ensure that they get features and bug fixes they want.  LO would be
better if more large organizations make similar investments in LO.)

        Best Wishes
        Spencer