Hi :)
That link didn't work on the lock-down system i am currently working
on.  They block tons of sites here so i suspect it's that.  On the
other hand the Open Office forums had a few problems back when Oracle
owned their sites.

For any sort of crashing problems it seems to be a good idea to try
renaming the User Profile;
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile

/Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/libreoffice/4/user

I usually rename that folder "4" to today's date in reverse order to
make it easier to track of them.

Another classic is Java versions getting into trouble.  I'm not sure
if Java still gets compromised quite so quickly but it might well be
worth updating it.
Regards from
Tom :)