On 1-1-2015 15:32, Marc Paré wrote:
Le 2014-12-31 12:57, Luuk a écrit :
On 31-12-2014 15:01, Alex Thurgood wrote:
Le 31/12/2014 14:36, Marc Paré a écrit :

Hi Marc,

Is there an equivalent Calc function for the Google Sheets function
"QUERY"? When I downloaded my spreadsheet from Google Sheets as a Calc
file, the "QUERY" function was not translated into an equivalent Calc
function.

My original Google Sheets function is:"=QUERY('NBBP Address
Book'!B2:B52)"

I suppose it might help if we actually knew what this Google specific
function did / is supposed to do ?

https://support.google.com/docs/answer/3093343?hl=en

Thanks for the link Luuk.

I wonder if it would be in the interest of LibreOffice to code the same
function into Calc? It would assure an amount of compatibility for
people wanting to use Google Sheets on Google Drive and then LibreOffice
Calc on their desktops.

There's not just QUERY, but also some other functions (top right of the page....)

Some are not very useful (i think) like i.e. SPARKLINE

Some are complex like i.e. QUERY

Some are tied to Google like i.e. GOOGLEFINANCE

At least our devs could take a look at the code and presumably the
Google code would be open source.

I would not 'GO' for a complete coverage, and make sure that only useful functions have the chance of being implemented.

The decision of what is useful is up to someone else ;)

I consider a 'stable' LibreOffice far more important than half-implemented-mostly-working-sometimes-not-but-we-should-have-that-functions

Unless we already had a compatible function that Google could use when
exporting to LibreOffice Calc.

of course...

Marc