Am 10.12.2014 um 23:08 schrieb Joel Madero:

I extracted the kmymoney file and the info in it seems to be incredibly
conveluted, I'd be surprised if I could just bring it into base without
additional problems. Perhaps I'm terribly wrong though.

Terribly wrong, indeed. You do not bring anything "into Base". You just
connect a Base file to an existing database by means of a vendor
specific database driver in order to use the connected database in
LibreOffice. No conversion. No translation. No import. No data copy.

You establish the connection, see the connected database in Base (which
does not store any data), build some meaningful queries and dump the
data into Calc or Writer.
To some extent this is development work too as outlined in the linked
kMyMoney manual. By default kMyMoney stores all data in some file which
is not a relational database and therefore is not accessible by external
tools. First of all you would have to reconfigure kMyMoney to store all
data in a relational database of your choice.

P.S. I'm trying to use this as a learning experience (without having to
become a basic professional)....just saying, this is supposed to be a
friendly/encouraging environment.

Without any knowledge you jump right into your own little software
project. Reading books or attending classes is the first step. Then you
may be able to handle .qif files and relational databases. "Learning by
doing" does not work with things like these.