This sounds like LO Manager is calling to synaptic twice.
Did you confirm synaptic is not running by process status command "ps" that includes all processes before starting LO Manager?

Try "lomanager --no-updatetest" from http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=125725.0

Also suggested is...
Close Synaptic, then reboot. Log in, then open Synaptic and do a full upgrade... *Reload --> Mark All Upgrades --> Apply* then *Apply* again, from the confirmation window. When the upgrade has finished, close Synaptic. Then run the *updated version* of LbreOffice Manager.
from http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=108906.0

In linux it is possible to have someone else login and start synaptic and leave it open. Is this a possible scenario?

Hope this helps.