Steve Edmonds wrote:

On 2014-11-26 13:56, Doug wrote:
On 11/25/2014 07:25 PM, Steve Edmonds wrote:
Hi.
In File> Printer Settings, under options is the device printer
language setting (PDF/Postscript).

Is this a Libreoffice configuration or a system configuration. I ask
because some documents print fine with postscript but not with PDF.
If it is a LO function I will file a bug.
Thanks, steve

Unless I misunderstand the question, Postscript will be a _printer_
setting. HP printers understand Postscript, maybe some others do.
So if your printer understands Postscript, you can use that setting in
your operating system to communicate with the printer, and
everything you send, including the output of LO, your PDF reader,
whatever it may be, and any other file you send to the printer
will be encoded in Postscript by the operating system and delivered as
such to your printer.

--doug

Thanks. I am printing to a printer not a file. If I select postscript in
this printer dialogue setting, printing is correct. If I select PDF
printing is not correct.
I can't include a screen shot to show you the dialogue. Oops, just
notice it is File>Print>Properties>device or File>Printer
settings>Properties>device.
There I have Printer Language Type. If this setting changes the way LO
outputs to the printer, then there is a bug in LO.
Steve

I think the dialog invoked by File > Print > Properties is the printer driver specific options for the selected printer, so more related to the printer/driver/OS. If one option works and not the other, why not just use the one that works? That may be the reason for there being an option.

On Windows, default printer settings can be set from Control Panel > Printers. Right-click the required printer and select "Printing Preferences" set options as required and click OK. This dialog will probably look similar to the one from File > Print > Properties in LO, but sets the defaults rather than one-off settings. Exact naming of menus may be different on different versions of Windows.

Mark.