Hi :)
I think it's either directly stated or just "hinted at" in a lot of
marketing for word-processors in general.

There is often an expectation that a word-processor is the best tool for
any type of documents.  I've even found colleagues using Word to edit
images, that then don't display quite 'properly' in any other version of
Word or anything else.  Mentioning the fact that other tools are often
better at - for example, desktop publishing - often seems to annoy people
who then seem to feel it necessary to argue against it and then grumble
when their results are not as good as they'd hoped.

Regards from
Tom :)