Hi :)
Errr, it might be good to ask this on the international translators mailing
list as they co-ordinate many different languages.
L10n@Global.LibreOffice.Org

For books it sounds like
OmegaT
might be the best tool.  It sounds like it the best for helping with
translations and it maybe might be able to help with this use too.  There's
a chap called Milos who seems expert at helping people get to grips with
OmegaT.

It is also possible to create your own custom dictionaries.  If you look
through the Extensions website then you might find different dictionaries
for different living languages but i'm not sure about ancient ones.

Sorry i can't help with this but hopefully one of those tangents isn't tooo
wrong for what you need!
Regards from
Tom :)