Am 03.11.2014 um 18:26 schrieb Marc Paré:

Yes, I did look at Base, but, would rather like to stay with Calc as
there are more people who would be able to trouble-shoot on spreadsheet
software that on LibreOffice Base.

Database design is development work. With a database no user would ever
be confronted with trouble-shooting. Since 4 years I run a database with
Base forms and Calc reports where I did not change a single byte since 2
years. Users open the same Writer document in the morning, enter some
data over the day, close it in the evening (without saving anything) and
that's how it works.

Although, that being said, I am going to try to replicate the same
process that I am trying to achieve with Calc at a later date, on Base;
just to satisfy my curiosity of working with Base.

This is a difficult, non-intuitive development process. Base is an
extremely misleading tool. It does not help you by any means and the
database Base creates from scratch is not as useful as it could be. Just
playing with it to try out how it works, may lead you to the conclusion
that it does not work at all.

I am curious then, if we are holding fidelity to the ODF standard, then,
how do new features come about in Calc? Would it not be a little
"bleeding-edge" of LibreOffice to add a new feature to Calc to see if
that particular new feature would catch on with users? This then could
later be proposed as a feature add-on to the ODF standard.

Your feature could be a global feature where you can not set up the tab
order for one spreadsheet individually because there is no place in the
entire ODF standard which defines the tab-order for spreadsheet cells.

Also, if a dev did show interest in working on such a feature and
garnered enough support for it, would it not be adopted for Calc or at
least be considered?

The age of spreadsheets is over. Spreadsheets did not change very much
during the past 25 years or so. 25 years ago, my first spreadsheet came
on 5 floppies attached to a book of 300 pages. Reading at least 100
pages to get started was a matter of course. The software did not change
so much since then but the users did. "Super-Spreadsheets" had been
developed during the 90ies but they all failed. They could not be Excel
compatible because they used a different logic. Not being MS compatible
engough is the death sentence for anything which is one reason why there
is nothing really new under the sky.

While such a feature does not find its roots from a mathematical
perspective, it would certainly be of good use to users creating forms
in Calc. For the sake of useability, it may be worthwhile to look into.

Well, file an enhancement request and see. I would not hold my breath
for this one because it is completely unspecific. There are literally
hundreds if not thousands of such requests.

By the way, are you aware of menu:Data>Input Form?