On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 19:02:44 +0100
Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum@gmail.com> wrote:

This thing happens in both Apache OpenOffice Calc and LibreOffice Calc
which makes me thing I did something wrong, but after almost a year of
debugging and trying some different approaches, I still have no idea what
is going on.

I have a few styles that I made, but one of them keeps messing around.
There are three cell that use this style, but only if the value is
negative. When the value is positive, the numbers are supposed to be
displayed in some custom red colour and when it's negative the colour is
supposed to be some custom green (indicating that I am below budget, which
in this case is good, hence green…).

I use one style for each of these conditions, since I don't, and don't want
to, use the standard [RED] and [GREEN] colours. The ”below zero” style is
called ”UnderTot” and the ”Above zero” one is called ”ÖverTot”. The one
that is messing with me is ”UnderTot”. I use conditional formatting for
this.

Here are the number formats:
ÖverTot: "+"# ##0,00" "[$kr-41D]
Example: +2 345,67 kr
Colour: Custom red.

UnderTot: # ##0,00" "[$kr-41D]
Example: -2 345,67 kr
Colour: Custom green.

Steps:
Make sure at least one of the three cells has a negative value.
Save the file.
Close the file.
Open the file.
If it still looks right, enter a new value in one of the three cells.
Now the cell format of the ”UnderTot” style changed. Last time I tested,
the format code was changed to ”Standard”, but different things happens
different times.
All the other styles works perfectly.
The ”UnderTot” style is linked to a stylle called ”Under”, but ”Under”
works perfectly.

It's not just the format of the cells that are changed, I verified that the
style actually changed itself.

I just want some ideas what could have been wrong. I am sure I did
something wrong but I lack more ideas what to look for, so any kind of idea
is welcome.
Thanks in advance!

If someone wants the file for testing, let me know. I guess I can't attach
it to this message anyway, so I won't even try that.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ

I rarely use styles in calc so this response may be invalid for you.

I notice there is no "-" for UnderTot as you showed.  Is this intentional?

Here are the number formats:
ÖverTot: "+"# ##0,00" "[$kr-41D]
Example: +2 345,67 kr
Colour: Custom red.

UnderTot: # ##0,00" "[$kr-41D]                <<<<<<<<  no "-" >>>>>>>>
Example: -2 345,67 kr
Colour: Custom green.

Tom

--
Failure seldom stops you. What stops you is the fear of failure.

  -  Jack Lemmon

^^^^
Tom Taylor  KG7CFC
openSUSE 13.1 (64-bit), Kernel 3.11.6-4-default,
KDE 4.11.2, AMD Phenom X4 955, GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Nvidia 337.19)
16GB RAM -- 3x1.5TB sata2 -- 128GB-SSD
FF 27.0, claws-mail 3.10.0
registered linux user 263467