Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2014 Archives by date, by thread · List index

Good evening
I noticed this before:
I have a spreadsheet with alphanumeric items, Japanese terms, a few
"functions" and dates.

In the default style for spreadsheets as well as a private style I
defined fonts to be used
and the style, dates are displayed.
However, in particular recently, whenever I open this file, the dates,
which are supposed to be in Japanese,
suddenly use Arial (the font specified for Western text) and thus look
very queer.

When I apply the default style or my style, the date, which looks in
Japanese like
10月2に日 = Oct 2
suddenly is replaced by a number: 41914

Which does not make any sense to me and is NOT what I instructed the
computer to do.

Is there a comprehensible reason behind this behavior?
Is there any way to turn this definitely "erratic" behavior off?

Thank you.

To unsubscribe e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.