Thanks Alex.  The underlying query gets the month from the date, as well as
the total, average, max and min for each month.  The results are, of
course, already grouped & calculated by month.  I was able to get the
overall total, but also wanted to see the overall average, max and min.  I
somehow imagined that it would be a piece of cake.  It looks like Calc is
the better "report tool" in this case.

In Calc, I dragged the query into a spreadsheet, and simply created a
series of formulas to perform the calculations on the results.

If I alter the query, how can I get the overall average, apart from the
monthly averages?

Thanks,
Don

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 3:45 AM, Alex Thurgood <alex.thurgood@gmail.com>