Hi John,

On 5 September 2014 22:20, John R. Sowden <jsowden@americansentry.net>
wrote:

Below is why I still use WordStar 5.5 in my office:

I am creating a form (an invoice for my ebay purchases because many
sellers don't send one).

1) ebay lower cases their name.  I type 'ebay'.  LO "corrects me to make
it "Ebay".

In Writer go to "Format > Autocorrect > Autocorrect Options". On the Tab
"Options" you can uncheck the "Capitalize first letter of every sentence."

2) I type seller:.  on the next line I create an underline about 3 inches
long for the name, etc. of the seller.  LO changes my 3" underline to all
the way across the page.  In addition, it is not a character based
underline.  I cannot delete it, shorten it, etc.  I cannot select it, as if
it were an object.  My only solution is to delete the file and start again.

There is an option in the same tab that reads "Apply border", I believe
that is what is happening here. Writer is changing the underline to a
border at the bottom of the paragraph. If it happens, you could just press
the backspace and then Writer should undo the change. Alternatively, you
can check "Format > Paragraph" and delete the border from there.

3) I have tried in the past to create a outline structure, kinda like this
doc.  LO kept changing my text in the same way.  I ended up using WordStar
to get the job done.

I'm not sure, what you mean here. If you mean, that Writer automatically
indents your text, then just hit backspace again. There should also be an
option there on the Autocorrection Options menu as well.

I want to integrate LO into our office ops so the employees feel they are
part of the 21st century, but its issues like this that keep that from
happening.

I hope, I could be helpful?

Sigrid