Stephan Zietsman <sziets <at> gmail.com> writes:

Stefan Weigel wrote:
Am 31.10.2011 08:26, schrieb Stephan Zietsman:
Select the relevant cell and click in the formula bar.  Press F9 (the
default short-cut for recalculate) followed by ENTER.  This should
replace the formula with the result.

This will work for a single cell, but will take you very long for a
whole column.

Good point.  Using Paste Special method would work better in that
case.  As a side note, I think the Paste Special method is more
intuitive (in general); I just wanted to mention an alternative.

Regards
Stephan

Doing the following sure makes me miss Lotus 1-2-3.  I wanted to change a
simple addition formula that summed the quantities in two cells into their
summed value.  I right-clicked the cell and hit Ctrl C.  Then again I right
clicked the (same) cell and rolled down to "Paste special" and left-clicked
it.  The formula was changed into its value.  In the 1-2-3 days one picked the
cell or cells, hit the slash key and then the keys r and v in that sequence
and one had the values instead of the formulas.  Trackballing and mousing are
slower than the second coming.