AllI have an analysis spreadsheet that pulls data from sheets of
      several other spreadsheets.Under StarOffice, the technique I
      used was to open both spreadsheets, do a copy of the data in the
      source spreadsheet, go to a blank sheet in the receiving
      spreadsheet and do a paste-special with "link" specified.Under
      staroffice, when ever opened the receiving spreadsheet, it would
      automatically pull in the new data from the source spreadsheet
      even when the source spreadsheet was not open.Switch to LO and it will not link to the
external data unless the
      source spreadsheet is open.I need to be able to link with out
      the source spreadsheet being open.Is there something I am doing
      wrong?A better way?I have many spreadsheets set up this way,
      so forcing a change will be painful.I have tried link to external data, but my experience(a
bit
      stale, admittedly) was that if the region in the source
      spreadsheet grew since the original link was established, it did
      not pick up the newer data.greg