Hi *

On 07/23/2014 06:10 PM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :) Wow!!  Just found this excellent page
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/LOWN/3 by William Gathoye
Thanks!

It is not always 100% perfect English but it's a great read and
has some quite compelling sections.
Sorry, English is my 2nd foreign language (I'm a native French, and
Dutch is my 1rst foreign).

Feel free to correct me when I do some mistakes. This way, I could
improve my written skills ;-)
Btw, I made some corrections to LOWN#3 and fixed my account migration
on WikiMedia. This way, I can post pictures directly on Commons and
integrate them on The Document Foundation wiki.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/LOWN/3#LibreOffice_for_Mobile_will_be_soon_a_reality

which i really hadn't realised at all.  I thought there was a major
blocker
preventing this and that on-top of having to re-write 100% of the
coding first.  However it now seems that only 10% of the code
needs re-writing! The UI issue seems a lot less of a problem too!
Actually, it has been announced at FOSDEM 2013 (I've participated in
each edition since 2012), but AFAIK no one posted a blog post about
this subject, excepted the Youtube video I mentioned of course.

I wish that instead of the issues being 1, 2, 3 they gave the
date, perhaps in reverse order such as

2014-07-07 2014-07-14 2014-07-21
Actually, the first edition was on the 14st June, the 2nd on 21. I had
unfortunately not enough content for a 3rd edition. So I needed to
wait. ;-)

I'll look for a way to have the publication date in the title
*without* changing the URL.

It looks like a huge amount of work has gone into this and it's
really great to see it collect together information from so many
mailing lists.
Indeed, LOWN#3 required to read more than 1,2k mails and yet 226 for
LOWN#4 ;-)

Regards,

- --
William Gathoye