Hi :)
Oops, accidentally sent an email before finishing it.

Problem is that MS Office sets language within each different style.  So
when someone applies a style to a paragraph they set the language of that
paragraph/chunk to be different from whatever the rest of the document is
set at.

Most of the MS Office styles are set to English (US) by default even if the
language settings of the OS are to some other form of English.

So in the original-posters case it's probably flicking back into English US
every time the document has a different style applied.  Chances are that
the person who created the document has no idea this is happening.

So the question is how to remove all styles, defined by MS Office, from
within the document.

LibreOffice styles inherit, or pass on, such settings so that changing the
language of 1 style would ripple through all subsequent style so the styles
would all be in the same language by default.

Regards from
Tom :)