Me again.
As an alternative, I'm trying to render slides from a PowerPoint
presentation using a GraphicExportFilter, from a python script.
I'm using LibreOffice 4.0.4 from CentOS repositories.

Here is the outline of my script:

And the server invocation:

As such, the script segfaults when calling exporter.setSourceDocument().
With a little bit of debugging, I could track it down to a global
pImplSVData pointer being unitialized when instantiating a SolarMutexGuard
(love the name btw ;-)). This is easily worked around by calling a function
InitVCL() before.

*First question:* is the segfault normal, and is my workaround relevant? I'm
wondering if running in non interactive mode has something to do with the
unitialized Application/VCL stuff.

Even with the workaround, I get an IllegalArgumentException in
setSourceDocument(). With more debugging, it appears the culprits are the
following lines in UnoGraphicsExporter.cxx:

Strangely, the function correctly identifies the page object as a XDrawPage
(mxPage != NULL). However the SvxDrawPage assumption, which I don't
understand, does not hold (mpUnoPage == NULL), so the break statement is
triggered.

Hence *second question*: am I correctly passing the page object around? I
have tried passing the XShapes interface instead, without more luck. Is it
because my input file is a PPTX file?

Many thanks in advance.
The fact that I had to dig into the runtime with a debugger makes me think
that I have missed something obvious. But what is it?

Thomas