At 19:47 28/04/2014 -0700, Truett Bobo wrote:
In the last few days, anytime I create a new LO Writer document it is formatted with left and right pages. And some of my past documents are formatted that way as well. I would like to return all my documents to single page format, but have been unsuccessful in discovering how to do this.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this. If you print something double-sided - as LibreOffice expects - every document will necessarily have left pages and right pages. Do you mean that alternate pages are formatted in some different way? In that case, it might be helpful to know what this is. But in any case, it's difficult to imagine how a page formatting change could modify existing documents, as you suggest.

I wonder whether you are merely describing the way that Writer displays your documents whilst you are editing them. If this is your problem, go to View | Zoom... . There are various settings there and you can experiment to find what suits you. You can also adjust these settings in a number of ways using controls at the right end of the Status Bar (at the bottom of the LibreOffice window). If, as it seems, you changed something inadvertently, it may be that you clicked on one of these controls in the Status Bar. Changes to the way you view documents do indeed stick for your installation of LibreOffice (or rather your use of it); I'm not sure whether they can affect the way you see existing documents.

Note that there are similar but separate controls for how you view documents in Page Preview mode.

Could it be related to a document which I created a while back with two columns?

Very probably not.

Though it does in fact have 2 columns, I discovered that it is identified as having only 1 column in the page format window (format > page > columns).

If the page format you see has only one column but the document genuinely prints with two columns, there are a number of explanations: o The pages with two columns have a different page style from the one you checked. (Documents can have multiple page styles.) o The material in columns is contained in a section, a structure which can independently have multiple columns.
o The material in columns is contained in a table.
o The columns were constructed in some other way, perhaps in frames.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker