Thank you for your reply Cley.

The icacls command is new to me, but I have a general idea what it does now.

Let's say the file I'm trying to to change is "C:\Users\Joe\Desktop\foo.txt"

The command line I have tried so far is

C:\Users\Joe>icacls  "C:\Users\Joe\Desktop\foo.txt"  /grant  Joe-PC\Joe:F

Of course, the F permission is "Full Access" which I already have.  I am
just showing what I have already tried.

How might I modify this statement to include "special permissions"?

Thank you
Joe