Agreed, Jay.

I learned about the XP support expiration on the evening news a few months ago. Until then, it never occurred to me that M$ would stop supporting its OS. That thought wasn't on my radar screen, which probably (and fairly) says more about me and my (lack of) computer knowledge than it does M$.

But, I find it truly offensive when M$ ceases to support XP and then suggests that I buy a new computer so that I can have 8.1. I would buy a Mac before doing that.

Virgil