Hello all,

This is my first post.

I am working on migrating a website.  I am trying to convert many files
written in an old version of MS Word, which were then saved as old
Microsoft 2002/2003 XML files.  The files were saved using an .htm
extension.  The files are filled with Microsoft xml crud. (I will just
refer to them as .htm files for the rest of this e-mail)

I found a simple solution, in simply opening the file in LibreOffice
Writer, and re-saving the file in HTML Document (Writer) (.html) format.
Now the files work great.

I don't want to do this one file at a time obviously, as there are hundreds
of these .htm files.  I am trying to figure out a way to do this for
multiple files in a folder...I think the term is "batch processing".

In other words, have a script that will:
1. iterate through each .htm file in a folder
2. open the file in LibreOffice Writer
3. save the .htm file in HTML Document (Writer)(.html) format
4. close the file
5. iterate over all the remaining files in the folder until all files have
had their formats changed

Is there a way to do this via a command line script.  Or by creating a
batch file?

I'm sorry, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to the command line or batch
files.  I know how to open LibreOffice Writer.exe from the command line
with one argument, which will open that document, but that's about it.

I have some experience in other scripting languages, like Python, Perl,
etc, but not windows scripting.  I am having a very difficult time getting
this to work in Python, so I thought I would come here and try to ask for
guidance.

I could attach a copy of one of the .htm files that I am converting if that
would help, but don't want to attach a file in my very first e-mail.

thank you,
Joe
paperbag76@gmail.com