On Apr 2, 2014, at 2:34 PM, V Stuart Foote <VStuart.Foote@utsa.edu> wrote:

Top posting answer to Hal...

See either of two ways to proceed, since LibreOffice already bases it PDF page rendering on
Poppler and bundles it, you might as well  work against that and write a LibreOffice extension.

Alternative might be the java source code from Writer2LaTex project
(http://writer2latex.sourceforge.net/ ) for the Writer2xhtml that will handle ODF document
conversion directly to EPUB. Or simply use the extension as is with LibreOffice.

Stuart

Thanks!  I had not thought of LaTex.  I’ve never had to use it before, so it’s always been
"something they use," and I missed it.  And, believe it or not, I had not thought of EPUB.  Guess
that’s why I ask questions like this!

Hal