krackedpress wrote
On 03/24/2014 12:25 PM, Pedro wrote:
Owen Genat wrote
The 14 standard PostScript fonts are now (under v4.2+) always embedded,
as
required by PDF v1.5. I provide some detail here:

http://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/30069/pdf-font-embedding-in-libreoffice-42/?answer=30071#post-id-30071

This may be contributing to the observed behaviour, although to what
degree this change affects font substitution, I am uncertain.
That would be acceptable if the file was exported as PDF 1.5 but since it
is
exported as PDF 1.4 the change doesn't make any sense.

I Embed fonts all the time for viewing to other systems. ... I use a lot
of specialty fonts, like that, in some of my work. They are needed to be
embedded into the files, PDF or otherwise, so the people who get them can
see the text with the "proper" formatting and fonts. ... I do not know
about the "14 standard Postscript fonts", since I do not
know what those fonts are

These are two completely different options (as I indicate in the AskLO
thread I linked). The 14 fonts relate to the PDF standard (even v1.4,
although the reference in the change is to v1.5) and include:

... four faces each of three Latin text typefaces (Courier, Helvetica*,
and Times*), as well as two symbolic fonts (Symbol and ITC Zapf
Dingbats®).

The option under File > Properties... > Font tab is for user-specified font
embedding.
Best wishes, Owen.