Hi Paul,

Actually, I *think* that will work perfectly, thanks!

If anyone cares, what this if for is...

I use a really cool little free PortableApp called 'RemoteControl' (based on the old 'GenControl' app), that allows me to connect to and remotely control any PC in our network (only works in a domain environment), quickly and easily, no passwords needed (as long as I'm logged on with a Domain Admin account).

It makes providing remote support for our users sooooooo much easier than Remote Support sessions.

But, the biggest problem is it doesn't provide any way to sort the list oif computers - so it always takes me anywhere from 5 or 10 seconds to 30+ seconds to find someone in the list.

The app stores the list of computers in a little txt file (it actually has a .tmp extension), and that is the file I want to sort.

I figured out how to get it to sort automatically every time I launch the App (wrote a little batch file to do the sort, then launch the App), but the Windows sort command is brain-dead and will only sort on the first column, which for this App, is the workstation name, rather than the Description (where I put the Users name).

I'll let you know if this works (fingers crossed)...

Thanks again Paul!

Charles