Steve Edmonds wrote:

On 2014-03-17 03:11, Lorenzo Pii wrote:
Dear all,
I'm interested in experiences for cross compatibility between Windows
and Mac for Calc. Is it fully compatible or only partially? I have a
file on dropbox and I’m wondering if I’d be able to edit it both from
my work pc and my personal mac with the same version of libreoffice. I
know the best and clever way would be to try it myself, fact is my
file has quite some sheets and I would like to avoid to start saving
it with both machines and eventually find out in a month or so that
something went bad in the process.

Thanks a lot

Lorenz
Hi. I have Linux and macs and have no cross-compatibility issues with LO.
With my work colleagues there is no compatibility issues windows-Linux.
I do however standardise fonts across machines, for instance I found the
Arial on mac was different to the one on Linux causing text to flow
differently, so I copied my Linux font to my mac.
Steve

Have you tried the "Embed fonts in the document" option under the "Font"
tab of the document "Properties" dialog?

In some cases this can "bloat" the file size, but I have found it useful.

Dave