Hi Tom,

Wrt sponsoring devs to work on key issues affecting your company

Many companies employ devs to work directly on LibreOffice.  Famously
openSuSE and Redhat but also many others such as Canonical also
various governments and companies that are not primarily
computer-related.  Smaller companies can do so on a smaller scale,
perhaps just 1 and only part-time.  Also very possible to have maybe 2
part-time devs working on a variety of projects (incl the company
website's under-laying structure (marketing deals with the surface
images and content right?)) but being given specific tasks and
priorities as and when a need arises.

There are crowd sponsoring sites for specific "one off" issues but i
can't remember any and anyway it looks like this issue is already
solved by just upgrading to a newer release in (hopefully) the same
branch.  Moving to another branch sometimes means surprises and not
always good, usually but not always.  Staying in the same branch (such
as 4.0.4 to 4.0.6 - or 4.1.0 to 4.1.5) is roughly the equivalent of
just adding a new "Service Pack".

Thanks for your answer. I am going to install the latest version to verify
this, but I've read somewhere that the problem still persists even in the most
recent version. Not sure yet if it does for me. I'll find out. I think I'll try
to find a "crowd sponsoring" site if the issue isn't solved.

Grx HdV