As I stated in other posts, I have been working on adding colors to the default set that comes with the LO install.

My current list of colors is now at 3965 color boxes. Yes, there are some duplicates, but I have kept them due to their color sequences.

First in the list are the included colors, then I start off with some color shading, then some specific named colors like various Bronze, Gold, Silver, Ruby, Blue, and other colors. After that I have a list of colors that are sorted by "hue and lightness" from lightest to darkest. You can also say they are sorted from #FFFFFF down to #000000, i.e. from white/lightest towards black/darkest colors. That is the reverse of the original listing of colors in a color sheet PDF. After that, I have the "99 shades of Gray" and then a Pantone style of color list.

I am looking at merging other color lists into the "hue-base" part of the listing. Of course, in 4.1.x line, the color boxes are smaller than what I have seen on the 4.2.x tests.

Yes, for many people, that may be too many color choices. But for now, I am making a large list. Later on, I will look into making specific smaller lists of colors, maybe for specific tasks. That may happen this spring. Maybe have a LO set that includes the Crayola colors for the kids and the color shades for the "adult artists".

https://owncloud.documentfoundation.org/Common/QA/New-Colors/standard.soc---March-13-2014--3965-color-boxes-in-list.soc

Next will be adding these two color sets [resene-2010 is a little different from the original]

http://people.csail.mit.edu/jaffer/Color/resene.pdf

http://people.csail.mit.edu/jaffer/Color/resene-2010.pdf

to this one already in the color list

http://people.csail.mit.edu/jaffer/Color/ntc.pdf

by the way - printing these colors out, unless you have an expensive printer, will be much darker than what you see on the monitors. I have tried this and have not printed these PDF files to look "light enough" to match my monitor's "default" brightness.