On 03/10/14 09:40, Alex Thurgood wrote:
Le 04/03/2014 13:53, Mark LaPierre a écrit :

Hi Mark,

I just now noticed that you have "hsqldb:file:<path to the.odb>" in the
Datasource URL area.  How is a Base, i.e. .odb, file used as the data
source when the data is stored in a standalone HSQLDB database?  The
data is not stored in an .odb file but rather is managed by the
standalone HSQLDB database.

The ODB file uses a JDBC connector driver included in the hsqldb
package, i.e. it merely references the actual database and uses JDBC to
access it. Any and all forms, queries, reports, macros, etc, are stored
within the ODB file, even if the actual data from the hsqldb is stored
in a separate directory pointed to by the URL. Also stored in the
separate directory is the db initialisation/creation script file and any
data backup and user/pwd configuration.

This is what we mean by a "split" hsqldb database.

Alex

Hey Alex,

So what you are saying is that I can create a LO Base DB that references
tables stored in the standalone HSQLDB database with the JDBC connector,
and use that .odb file as a back end to another LO Base DB which acts as
a front end?  I've read, and been told on this mail list that LO Base
can't do that.  If I could do that I wouldn't need the standalone
HSQLDB, just a plain .odb file with some tables in it.

I've been trying to get this set up for months with no success.  I could
have done all this and more with Microsoft Access in just a few days.
This really shouldn't be this hard.

I think I need someone to hold my hand through the creation of just one
very simple LO Base DB with just two tables in it.

--
    _
   °v°