Thanks, Brian. I finally got a chance to look at this, and it appears
it was, in fact, formatted to text (though I can't figure out how that
would have happened b/c I didn't do anything before setting up the
formula). When I set it to General, it worked. I appreciate your help!
On 3/7/14 3:11 AM, Brian Barker wrote:
At 18:27 06/03/2014 -0500, Carl Paulsen wrote:
I have a spreadsheet that won't calculate a vlookup. The formula
displays as the formula, not the result.
I can think of two possibilities:
o You have Calc configured to display formulae, not results. Go to
Tools | Options... | LibreOffice Calc | View | Display. Is Formulas
ticked? Remove the tick.
o The cell into which you typed the formula was formatted as Text
before you did so. So what you have is a text string which happens to
look like a formula, not a formula. After you have changed the
formatting, you will need to retype or re-paste an entry and then fill
it down the column again to correct this.
What's more, the relative reference to A2, which should change as the
location of the lookup changes, doesn't change, so it always
That suggests the second possibility.
I trust this helps.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy