Hi :)
Do people know how to use templates that you send them?  Perhaps it's
a case of user-error on the part of the chap(ess) who sent you the
file?

Sorry, i'm sure someone else probably has a better answer but i
thought it best to "chip in" with this idea before going any
complicated route!
Regards from
Tom :)