On 02/25/2014 09:11 AM, rdweems@aol.com wrote:
Please inform me on how to make postcards using Libre

SO. . .
what it the postcards used for, and how many prints?
That will help with the correct "how-to" info.

Do you have a template for them?
Are they "specialty paper" from Avery or similar companies?

If you have a specific postcard paper - say two per sheet - then it is better to use the template[s] the paper company should have on their web site.

If you have blank "stack" of postcards, like a package if index cards you can buy in many different places, THEN you need to define the page size to the size of the postcards. No, I do not know what size that is, since I have seem 3 or 4 different size ones that are called "postcards".

Go to Format > Page
The "page format" go to "User" and then set the page with and height, orientation, and margins, to fit your needs.

Or, you might try File > New > Labels
or Templates,
and see if the Avery [or other company's] postcard paper is listed there.

I prefer using the Format Page if I am using paper cut to the size of the postcard, or index card. IF the printer can support the size, then I can format the page to that size.

Then I just fill out the postcard the way I want it to be. I would them create a template file [save as a template] so I can use it over and over again without the need to do all that formatting.

Now, if you are doing some type of Mail-Merge text in the postcards, then you will have to get someone else to help with that. I have not done any mail-merging with LO.